Hotmail is an online and free email service developed by brilliant persons, Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia, in 1995. Hotmail served its hundred million customers by providing them with efficient and effective email services.
It served as an online platform where communication and interaction between people are done properly. In 2013, Microsoft had changed Hotmail into its better and more functional version-the Outlook.
Just like any social media site, website, webmail, and Hotmail also provides its customers with a secured account. Every account has its own password which serves as the ticket for the valued customers for them to access Hotmail and its services.
However, what if a Hotmail password suddenly disappeared and unable to be recalled by the account owner? How does the password recovery of a Hotmail account done?
Password recovery of a Hotmail’s account can be done in two ways, depending on the gadget being used to access Hotmail-desktop and mobile phones.
Hotmail Password Recovery in Mobile Phone
Recovering a Hotmail’s password using a mobile phone has steps needed to be followed to accomplish the task successfully and quickly.
- On the mobile phone, open the Outlook application and provide your email address. Password recovery is only applicable to those who already have an existing Outlook account but lost contact with their password. Take a look at your provided email address and make sure it is correct.
- On the second process where it requires you to provide the password, click the button “Forgotten my password”. Then, it has three choices determining how you’ve lost your password. Click the corresponding reason on how you’ve lost your password.
- After choosing the mean on how you’ve forgotten your Outlook password, verification is needed. The password recovery service of Google provides varying modes of verification, a photo, and an audio clip. Choose the one that you find comfortable to use and much more effective.
- After verification, Microsoft will send your active email a code that will serve as the further verification process. Enter the code and set a new password for your Outlook account. Make sure to provide appropriate and easy to remember the password to avoid forgetting it again.
Hotmail Password Recovery in Desktop
Another way of password recovery is through a desktop.
- In your desktop, go to the password reset page and click the “I forgot my password” button. Then, enter an active email where you can receive the verification code, also type in the characters provided being used to verify that the user is not a robot.
- The Microsoft team then sends your email account with the verification code. Type in the code and set a new password for your Outlook account. Keep in mind the new password and make sure that it is not hard to be remembered. Re-enter the password to verify further and complete the password reset process.
Hotmail password recovery may have a lot of steps to follow, yet it will still bring any user to a worth it ending. Password recovery can be achieved successfully, that’s why careful consideration of the provided steps must be done.